Iceland 2014 - IngaHotaling
Kalfatjarnarkirkja - Lovely Church on 420

Kalfatjarnarkirkja - Lovely Church on 420

Kálfatjörn is a former farm, parsonage and church site in the town of Vogar. It was a parsonage until 1907 when the parish was united with the Garðar parish of the Kjalarnes deanery. During Catholic times, the church was dedicated to St. Peter. The present church was built in 1891 and is Iceland´s largest rural church. Now preserved, its interior has been restored to its original form. The altarpiece, a replica of the one in the Reykjavík Catherdral, painted by Sigurður Guðmundsson, is equally old as the church. - Be Iceland.com

From 05-28-15 Roadtrip